Sunday, February 24, 2013

Best Cookie Recipe Ever...

I'm a sucker for a great cookie recipe, especially chocolate chip! This is one that I've made over and over again & it never disappoints! I originally found it a few years ago on one of the recipe sites, but I tweaked some of the ingredient amounts & added the toffee chips. Occasionally, I'll even double the recipe & freeze half the dough to bake later. I'm not sure if it's the vanilla pudding or what, but these always turn out soft, dense & absolutely delicious! 





SOFT CHOCOLATE CHIP TOFFEE COOKIES
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
 1 teaspoon baking soda
 1 cup butter, softened
 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
 1/4 cup white sugar
 1 (3.4 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
 2 eggs
 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips*
1 package Heath Toffee Bits

*I'm a chocolate snob, and I use Ghirardelli 60% cacao chocolate chips:)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Sift together the flour and baking soda.
In separate bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar & white sugar. 
Beat instant pudding mix until blended. 
Stir in eggs and vanilla. 
Blend in the flour mixture. 
Finally, stir in the chocolate chips & toffee bits. 
Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Edges should be golden brown- do not overbake!
Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment